SHIP DESIGNER CONTEST 2014 RULES
- The Contest is open to users from all around the globe. There are three primary requirements to be eligible to participate in the competition:
- You must be a legal adult in your country of residence (i.e. 18+ in the United States).
- You must have a Stardock account (free).
- You must not be employed by or affiliated with Stardock.
- All entries MUST be submitted by 11:59pm EST, NOVEMBER 16, 2014.
- All entries must be original and not mimic any non-Stardock ship. Any entry that appears to violate any copyright or other right will be rejected at Stardock's discretion.
- No vulgar or harassing submissions will be accepted.
- Stardock reserves the right to modify winning submissions for technical issues when incorporating the submissions into the game.
- All entries must be able to be successfully imported into the Galactic Civilizations III game.
- Rights & Ownership
The author of an entry agrees to grant Stardock a perpetual right to use, modify, and redistribute their ships in the final version of Galactic Civilizations III and any other Stardock product or promotion as they see fit.
All contest entries are reviewed upon submission by the event organizers. Not all entries are guaranteed to be accepted into the competition.
- Each winning contestant will have their design included in the final release of Galactic Civilizations III.
- The "Ultimate Winner" will also receive a $1,000 cash prize.
- Winners will be notified by email within 4 weeks of the end of the competition.
- Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release.
- The Ultimate Winner will have 14 business days to respond with shipping details and any signed documentation. Failure to reply within 14 days will result in forfeiture of the cash prize.
- By accepting the prize, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness in any promotion/advertising activities related to this contest without further compensation, except where prohibited.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release the contest sponsors and its agencies from any and all liability for injuries and/or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the contest, including any 3rd party infringement claim on the entry.
- Judging & the selection of contest winners will be handled in two stages.
- Critical Judging: All entries will be reviewed by a panel of Stardock judges. The judges will choose 8 finalists, which will have their ships included in the game.
- Community Voting: The Community (defined here as visitors to www.galciv3.com) will vote on the 8 finalists as selected by the judges in each event. The winner of the Community voting will receive $1,000.
- Notification & Late Entries
Stardock is not responsible for lost or late entries. If the Ultimate Winner does not respond to email notifications within 14 business days, the cash prize will be forfeited.
- Rules Modifications
Stardock reserves the right to modify these rules at its discretion.
- Cancellation of Events
An event must have at least 10 entries to be considered viable. Non-viable events will be null and void.
- Law and Venue
This Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. To the maximum extent afforded under the law, the parties hereby agree upon, and submit to, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for all lawsuits arising from or related to this Agreement (or the performance of a party hereunder) of the Michigan Courts located in Oakland County, Michigan, and to the Federal Courts of the United States of America located in Wayne County, Michigan. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Back to top