We hope everyone is enjoying their summer. v3.8 is here with enhanced feedback on Ascension Crystals, improved UI layout, and more flavored starting-ship names. Also, you can now change the game difficulty mid-game.
- UI Layout updates
- Updated most screens and them to use Fonts, colors, and font sizes consistently.
Made fonts bigger wherever possible.
- General cleanup of margins and list entries wherever possible.
- Removed extra Returns from the word on the street blurbs.
- Move some of the options dropdowns in options screens to keep them from clipping.
- Fix alignment issue on the Drath starting screen.
- Starting ships don't append a number to their name unless another ship of the same design has already been spawned. This is to support custom flavorful names for core starting ships from starting ship designs
- Updated starting ship names of factions added to the game after Crusade.
- As soon as someone controls an Ascension crystal, have an icon show up and informs you that Ascension has started. Mousing over should show you how far along each civ with Ascension is from ascending as a % bar with (turns).
- Shipyard display now shows how much production is being sent to that shipyard, so you know how fast it can build things.
- Fix an issue causing the unit buttons from not showing up in Medium UI on the Colony List screen.
- Planet view list now displays research
- Fix Tourism exploit in Crusade version of the Consulate.
- The AI has been ordered top stop freezing time to keep its mission ships safe. (stuck turn fix).
- Addressed "word on the street" grammar and spelling mistakes
- Removed duplicate planet data in crusade and base game data folders that could potentially cause bad things(TM)
- Adjusted the choose civ screen to improve text wrapping
- You can adjust the difficulty level mid-game through the options screen (single player only).
- Fixed a bug that prevented commanders from being assigned to United Earth ships.
- Minor adjustments to the tutorial text