We are hard at work at v3.7 which improves how the AI manages its ships as well as some requested bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Please read below the upcoming changes:
- Choosing a distant destination on a map with Hyperlanes no longer slows the game down.
- Clarified the effect of Hyperlane bonuses in the tech tree and tooltips. Also address spurious decimal points reported here: https://forums.galciv3.com/494346/page/1/#3745994.
- Eliminated maint from first level research and manufacturing buildings.
- Culture techs now give a diplomacy skill bonus.
- Ships are more likely to use hyperlanes
- Capped how much a diplomacy modifier can affect relations based on a game's turn. This should greatly reduce AI erratic diplomatic behavior.
- Modified pacing options so that slow really slows things down.
- AI handles ships more intelligently on larger galaxies in terms of evaluating their target value.
- AI handles building up new colonies better later in the game
- The AI no longer uses the Government as "explorers." (aka fodder)
- Colony Capital now gives +1 raw production for every level it goes up.
- Reduced thruster hull mass modifiers to 0.05% from 25% in both Crusade and the Base game
- Fix some balance issues with weapons and growth improvements reported on the steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/226860/discussions/4/1771511442695715977/
- Re-Enabled the Fusion Power Plant, but nerfed it to work better as a prereq to the Quantum Power plant.
- Fix mismatched description and value on Precursor Factory world for Morale value. Changed both to 4 from 10, make sure it is not OP.
- Synthetic races:
- Can build the Advanced Planet Capital and Terraforming improvements.
- Can properly colonize extreme worlds
- Yor Manufacturing: Increased manufacturing bonus
- Yor Manufacturing: Level one adjacency value is now a multiplier (for consistency with subsequent upgrades).
- Lost Treasures: Manufacturing wonders now give the proper adjacency bonuses
- Fixed a typo on the Quantum Power Plant
- Updated the game startup window to work with larger fonts
- Show Morale on the Planet List Entry Window
- Change Copy, Edit, and Delete buttons on the Civilization Setup Window to be icons instead of buttons.
- Fix Typo in warning message if you stacked multiple Commanders in a fleet.
- Changed "Class" to "Role" label on the Fleet tooltip.
- Changed "Type" to "Role" label in the Fleet Details window.
- Flavor text (English only) tweaks to planet descriptions.
- Grammar cleanup on the Korath.
- Tweaked the leader-game-intro screen and economy summary
- Ships no longer spontaneously catch fire.
- Fixed a problem where the benevolent-explorers trait wouldn't always spawn a planet: https://steamcommunity.com/app/226860/discussions/1/1839063537784628967/
- Fixed rare crash when an AI colonizes a planet with an artifact.
- Fix a startup crash related artifact crash and some custom factions
- Fixed bad Intrigue ship definitions in the United Earth faction
- Fixed an endless credits/research exploit detailed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/226860/discussions/4/1815422173048651922
- Custom factions based on the Terrans now use the expected solar system (earth, mars, etc.): Addresses: https://steamcommunity.com/app/226860/discussions/4/1850323802565175363/
- MP no longer desyncs because of mismatched custom flavor text
- Fixing moderately common crash in MP caused by the AI losing its train of thought in mid-conversation.
- Change "Kiln of Worlds" to require Promethion instead of PromethionStone (which no longer exists).
- Extreme world colony" mercenary ships can now actually colonize extreme worlds if Crusade is installed.
- Ship designs that use components removed in Retribution can now be loaded again in Retribution. The old deprecated components are simply ignored.