We have brought over many fixes from Crusade to the base game. Please read below for details.
To enable the patch, please do the following:
- Select Galactic Civilizations III in your Steam Library list
- Right-click and select Properties
- Select the BETAS tab
- From the dropdown, select "opt-in" and click Close (if you don't see this option, restart Steam)
Steam should pull down the changed files; if you ever want to go back, do the same as above but select default
Please note: The opt-in is an early preview of the next update and you might experience bugs or other issues. We encourage players who try the opt-in to report any issues to the support forum or via support ticket so we can address them.
For a list of changes available in the Crusade opt-in, please read here: https://forums.galciv3.com/483565
- Player objects calculations moved into the AI thread (performance)
- Fixed bug that caused AI to potentially get "free credits" due to messaging being disabled
- Pirate AI is more aggressive.
- AI better at defending planets (Crusade tech)
- AI targeting system updated to near Crusade level
- AI keeps track of its fleet inventory, this is used to make better decisions on what to Build
- AI more aggressive in using transports
- Lots and lots of improvements to the AI's ability to target enemies intelligently
- Smarter AI behavior when it comes to asking for money and such
- AI smarter about what ships it wants to build and when
- Much better AI trading system for putting together deals
- AI trading changed to be a vector so that it can offer multiple trade offers (Crusade feature)
- AI evaluates its money much better
- AI much stingier on ship Trading
- AI much smarter about declaring war on players when someone tries to bribe them to
- AI much better about going to war against those who are at war with its ally
- AI more reactive to parking fleets near its territory
- AI war mongering set up
- Smart auto credit bidder added to the trade window to make trading easier.
- Greater variance in flavor text in conversations
- Increased the amount of stars, planets and habitable planets when common is chosen
- Planetary Improvement cost generally made higher.
- Production points on colonies and capital planet default to a higher value
- Reduced manufacturing cost but increased mass of special components so that the ramp up time isn't so severe.
- Added new "Complete Tech" event.
- Various crash issues fixed that were due to custom ship designs / ship mods
- Lots and lots of potential crash issues resolved due to better checking of custom/mod data
- Crash fixes from Crusade
- Brought over Crusade optimization for stat updating while unit moving