I played the tutorial and there is just too much stuff that I don't understand for me to play the actual game. The tutorial barely explained anything at all.
- Everything is a massive pile of symbols the meaning of which is completely unexplained. The tooltips don't help because they just list off a bunch of terminology that is still completely uneplained.
- The build menu is insanely large, with almost no ability to sort or cut down the list, and is filled with things whose functions I can't figure out.
- There seems to be a difference depending on where you place buildings, but I have no idea how it works. Also seems to be some system for opening more space, but again...
- Ship building can't possibly be as slow as it seems to be, so I must be doing something wrong.
- Ships have a range limit, which I can't figure out how to extend.
- What are the differences between weapon and defense types? Not explained.
- What do all these techs do? How do I figure out what to research?
- Resource information? I'm not even sure what is and is not a resource.
I could keep going on for a while, but I think I have made my point. There is no manual and the tutorial is grossly insufficient. Unless you already know how to play, you can't figure it out.