We have taken your suggestions for new keyboard shortcuts to improve the user experience. We've also addressed stuck turns, missing sounds, and some gameplay issues. Read below for details.
To enable the patch, please do the following:
- Select Galactic Civilization III in your Steam Library list
- Right-click and select Properties
- Select the BETAS tab
- From the dropdown, select opt-in and click Close (if you don't see this option, restart Steam)
- Steam should pull down the changed files; if you ever want to go back, do the same as above but select default
Please note: The opt-in is an early preview of the next update and you might experience bugs or other issues. We encourage players who try the opt-in to report any issues to the support forum or via support ticket so we can address them.
- Arrow left / right Next / previous Shipyards
- Shift left/right Next / previous IDLE Shipyard
- R Rush buy
- DELETE Cancel building selected Ship
- Arrow left / right Next/ previous Starbase
- Shift left/right Next/ previous Starbase that has an available module
- Spacebar Hotkey to toggle the visual display of anchor points on and off.
- Arrow left / right Next / previous colony
- Shift left/right Next / previous IDLE colony
- R Rush improvement
- U Upgrade selected Improvement
- DELETE Destroy selected Improvement
- DELETE Cancel building selected Improvement.
- C Center map on the selected object
- Ctl+S Save game.
- R Rush buy on the selected Ship or Improvement
- U Upgrade the selected Ship
- DELETE Decommission the selected Ship or Fleet
- Planets with the manufacturing slider set to 100% Military" will no longer be considered idle.
- Stationed ships now are properly having their maintenance cost reduced by 50%
- Manufacturing points now being properly updated after reordering shipyard queue
- If AI is significantly stronger than you, it will no longer accept bad peace treaty offers from you.
- Jumping through a wormhole will no longer cause a desync
- The AI can no longer decommission ships during battles. This would cause lots of weird issues, including desyncs and crashes in MP.
- Battle preview window no longer causes a desync.
- Updated appearance of keyboard input window.
- Added new keyboard shortcuts suggested by our fans.
- Command Window: Added cost and turn information for upgrading ships.
- Metaverse button is now disabled if there's no internet connection
- Ship sounds will no longer disappear in the middle of the turn.
- Added new ship sounds
- Shipyards are no longer missing ambient sounds
- Fixed a problem where the "turn" button sound didn't play after a battle.
- Starting the Altarian Prophecy DLC Triggers no longers For Arcea Campaign
- Fixed typos
- Altarian Prophecy: One of the mission rewards was not properly giving the ideology bonus
- Added a sanity check that makes sure we add in a valid waypoint in for our travel to prevent a stuck turn.
- Fixed a problem where a destination tile was invalid when loading a save game.
- If more than one freighters are completed on the same turn, the popup dialog for the second one was sometimes getting lost, causing a stuck turn. This same fix will unstick save games with this issue.