Sometimes when I attack, the animation takes >60 seconds. When this happens, I am not able to do anything with the attacking fleet or initiate another attack with a different fleet until the problem resolves.
- I play zoomed out just enough that everything is an icon
- Sometimes, I can see a projectile fly past the target and off to the distance
- Moving the view away to a different part of the galaxy does not seem to reduce the delay
- Switching to the Research screen does not seem to reduce the delay
- Currently, I'm playing as Snathi, so the scavanging dialog appears after the delay. I also saw this during the United Earth campaign, so I don't think it's specific to scavangers.
- I'm using large fleets of 6 carriers (each with 4 interceptors)
Do your engineers accept heap dumps? I find those to be pretty useful for bugs that aren't quite deterministic.