Galactic Civilizations III is the largest strategy sandbox ever made. Start with a single world and expand across the galaxy through diplomacy, trade, cultural hegemony or military conquest in this single-player or multiplayer 4X strategy game. How will you rule your galaxy?
v1.2 Included: Mega events, 3D printing of user designed ships, map sharing via Steam Workshop, and the option to register GalCiv III with Stardock Games to get a free ship parts DLC pack, an online profile and leaderboard system.
v1.1 Included: Steam Workshop integration, two new difficulty levels, and UI improvements.
- Rule through culture, diplomacy, technology, or military force
- Discover each race’s unique technologies
- Design any starship you can imagine
- Challenge your friends in online multiplayer
Expand your Galactic Civilizations III experience with new Mega Events that include the return of the Dread Lords, a declaration of war from the Peacekeepers and more.
Sample Events [Show]
- Dread Lords Return - A dormant
Dread Lord colony has awoken. Stop
them before they become too powerful
and wipe out all life in the galaxy.
- Peacekeepers - A large force of
time travelling robots appear and
declare that they have been sent back
to stop the conflicts that endanger
- Assassination - A beloved leader
is assassinated, the new leader
vows revenge plunging the galaxy
- Space Monsters - Distant relatives
to the Living ships of the Dread Lords,
begin to appear in the galaxy again.
They will continue to spread until
- The Artifact - A mysterious Artifact
appears and starts boosting the power
of a previously weak race. The only
way to stop them from becoming gods
is to kill them first.
Create your own universes with the Map Pack's new Editor. The Map Pack also includes 8 challenging new maps for players to conquer that range in size from gigantic 18 player areas to intimate maps perfectly sized for two-player duels.
Maps Descriptions [Show]
- Six Pillars - A large Map, with six
symmetrical clusters surrounding a super
black hole, designed for large matches
for up to six players.
- Clash - A medium sized symmetrical
map designed for a large scale duel.
- Snowflake - Medium sized balanced
map of near identical star systems,
designed for up to 18 players.
- Core - A medium sized symmetrical map,
surrounding a cast core of nebulae and
resources, designed for up to six players.
- Joust - A tiny two player map that is
perfectly balanced for a duel, but with
plenty of resources to keep.
- Quadrants - Small, four-sided and
balanced. Divided by vast asteroid fields
and optimized for four players.
- Round Table - Tiny and symmetrical.
Designed for quick and balanced six
- Milky Way - Explore the canon Galactic
Civilizations galaxy, starting from Earth in
this immense new scenario.
*64-bit Windows 7/8/8.1 Required. All game code is delivered through Steam.